Nostradamus and Astrology
Claude Latremouille
2012-02-08 16:37:12 UTC
*
Nostradamus' use of astrology was, to say the least,
unconventional. He pretended to be using astrology for his
visions (he was not); he was merely giving the change to his
critics so that they might not (some did) accuse him of
consorting with the Devil, or of claiming that he was a prophet
of God, something the Church might not have swallowed lightly.
*
But he did use some astrology to point to certain events while
misleading astrologers as to what he was doing. Case in point,
quatrain X-67 :
*
-------------- C E N T V R I E___D I X I E S M E. ------------
------------------ (édition prétendue de 1568) ---------------
*
-------------------------- L X V I I. ------------------------
--------- Le tremblement si fort au mois de May, -------------
--------- Saturne,Caper,Iupiter,Mercure au beuf: -------------
--------- Venus aussi Cancer,Mars,en Nonnay, -----------------
--------- Tombera gresse lors plus grosse qu'vn euf. ---------
*
For most astrologers, this is an astrological treasure. For
anyone who understands what Nostradamus did, it is a hopelessly
contrived scheme to make sure that his readers versed in
astrology would never understand before the fact what he was
talking about.
*
We get the benefit of some planetary positions. Everything seems
to be easy. But it is not. If you read in it that Saturn is in
Capricorn, Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus, Venus as well as Mars
in Cancer, you almost got it. Problem: When the event alluded to
happens, Saturn IS NOT in Capricorn, it is in Taurus, just like
the others in line 2.
*
Why does he write Saturn in Capricorn, then? Well, he does not.
He appears to be doing so, but he does not. It is the reader who
reads it into his text. But a smart reader could, after the fact,
after that month of May, read something else in this
"Saturn,Caper" ; he might have read Saturn, RULER OF Caper, or of
Capricorn. In which case, the date changes, and the real date
appears.
*
What is that date? May 1940. What happems in France in May 1940?
The Earth shakes (line 1). Is this an earthquake? No, it is the
Lufftwaffe bombimg the shit out of Belgium, The Netherlands, and
France. How do we know that? Look at line 4: It speaks of hail
falling larger than eggs. No earthquake can make hail fall larger
than eggs.
*
Back to the planetary positions: Was Jupiter in Taurus in May
1940? Yes, it entered Taurus on May 16. Where was Mercury on May
10, 1940? In Taurus, just like the man said. Was Venus in Cancer?
Of course. What about Mars? It was also in Cancer on May 17. So,
with the false alarm of Saturn, also in Taurus, we get all the
correct planetary positions. But we had to wait until May 1940 to
get rid of that annoying Saturn in Capricorn and... this "Mars,en
Nonnay".
*
This is just an interpretation, my word against everybody else.
But this poem is a cipher. It hides the prophecy. Its four lines
are four cryptic anagrams, hiding more than one solution each.
*
--------- Le Dix May Quarante, les Bombes feront -------------
--------- tomber la France après sa courte Guerre ------------
--------- contre vn Tyran qui massacre assez -----------------
--------- de Gens qu'il sera en Enfer pour touiours. ---------
*
--------- On May 10 Forty, Bombs shall make ------------------
--------- France fall after her short War --------------------
--------- against a Tyrant who massacres enough --------------
--------- People to go to Hell forever. ----------------------
*
Another solution:
*
--------- Le Treize Aoust MM Dix Sept, la Bombe --------------
--------- Américquaine future tue le cher Paris --------------
--------- sans raison, car en U S vn Ieune a mys -------------
--------- vn ordre très mal leu à sa fusée pour Péquin. ------
*
In modern English, with asterisks between words no longer used or
spelled thus: 'On the Thirteenth of *August* MM and Seventeen,
the future *American* Bomb kills the dear Paris for no reason, as
in the US, a *Young Man* has *placed* an order very wrongly
*read* in his rocket for *Peking*.'
*
Want another? Shame on me, Nostradamus knows who found his
secret:
*
--------- La Trémouille est le très bon Amy de ---------------
--------- Paris, car ce bon Traducteur espère que ------------
--------- mon Parys (tué sans raison) évacue -----------------
--------- tous ses Gens lorsque mon Paris bruslera. ----------
*
In modern English, with asterisks between words no longer used or
spelled thus: '*La Trémouille* is the very good *Friend* of
Paris, as this good Translator is hoping that my *Paris* (killed
for no reason) evacuates all of her People when my Paris shall
*burn*.'
*
Nostradamus calls the person who turned his poetry into prose his
translator. Personally, I prefer to call myself a decryptor, or a
decipherer of his texts.
*
Have a nice day, folks!
*
Claude Latrémouille
February 8, 2012
*
=== ***@torfree.net ===
=== CLAUDE LATRÉMOUILLE ===
===========================
unknown
2012-02-10 18:47:39 UTC
Post by Claude Latremouille
[...]
I once wasted an hour running different permutations of that very verse
(taking "Caper" as either Saturn or Jupiter in Capricorn) past a computer
ephemeris, and ended up convinced that Nostradamus didn't know what he was
blethering about. But your version does look convincing, added to the ones
you posted afterwards. What do you make of 4/XXLI? No particular reason, I
just find it intriguing.

En lieu d'epouse les filles trucidees,
Meurtre a grande faute ne sera superstile:
Dedans le puits vestules inondees,
L'epouse eteinte par hauste d'Aconile.

In place of the bride the daughters slaughtered,
Murder with great error no survivor to be:
Within the well vestals inundated,
The bride extinguished by a drink of Aconite. (rather garbled translation
from a website, I expect you can do better. I've seen "ne sera superstie =
is not superstition" given instead.)
--
A. B.
Post by Claude Latremouille
<>
My e-mail address is zen177395 at zendotcodotuk, though I don't check that
account very often.
Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.
Claude Latremouille
2012-02-11 00:49:36 UTC
*
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:47:39 CST, "A B" <@bleBaker.uk> wrote about what
*
Post by unknown
[...]
Actually, the original quatrain ought not be translated into
English, as it is a cipher. Translating it destroys the cipher.
*
Back to quatrain IV-71:
*
---------------- C E N T V R I E___Q V A R T E. --------------
------------------- (édition de novembre 1557 ----------------
*
---------------------------- L X X I -------------------------
--------- En lieu d'espouse les filles trucidees, ------------
--------- Murtre à grand faulte ne sera superstie: -----------
--------- Dedans le puys vestules inondees, ------------------
--------- L'espouse estaincte par hausse d'Aconile. ----------
*
To find what is hidden in this poem, one needs to know about the
unintended destruction of Paris on Sunday, August 13, 2017, at
3:53 a.m. To show that he knew about the date of that event,
Nostradamus used other events having happened on August 13, some
of those events not being very important. Fidel Castro's birth
date, the Berlin Wall's erection, and others.
*
In Belgium, in 1996, something very important happened: Marc
Dutroux, a kidnapper of young girls, was finally arrested on
August 13, after having allowed a few to starve to death.
*
It became a very important event, as it almost triggered the fall
of the Government, thousands of people demonstrating in the
streets, as the police had been informed by this criminal's own
mother, and they had neglected to follow-up on her letter.
*
Deciphering these four cryptic anagrams, one finds this:
*
--------- Le bien cruel Dutroux espie des Filles -------------
--------- Belges, les atrape, les met dans une caue et -------
--------- ose les y laisser pendant qu'il va en --------------
--------- prison, puis, l'An Nonante Six, il est accusé. -----
*
For the gallically challenged: 'The very cruel Dutroux spies upon
Belgian girls, catches them, places them in a cave, and dares
leave them there when he goes to jail; then, in Year Ninety Six,
he is charged.'
*
The sad part of that story is that, while he was in jail, Dutroux
allowed his young prisoners to starve to death.
*
Claude Latrémouille
February 10, 2012
*
=== ***@torfree.net ===
=== CLAUDE LATRÉMOUILLE ===
===========================
unknown
2012-02-12 19:43:02 UTC
Post by unknown
[...]
Bravo! But I notice it's not a precise anagram. For instance there isn't
an X in the original first or last line. Are you just tweaking your
anagrams to make them fit better (in which case the fit isn't as impressive
as I thought), or is there some particular rule?
--
A. B.
Claude Latremouille
2012-02-13 01:37:15 UTC
*
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:43:02 CST, "A B" <@bleBaker.uk>
wrote about what
*
"Claude Latremouille" <***@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message news:jh4dus$h7n$***@theodyn.ncf.ca...
*
[...]
*
Post by unknown
[...]
There is indeed one particular rule. A cryptic anagram allows for
the licence of one letter per deciphered word. Example: CHYREN =
HENRY + C.
*
The line-based cryptic anagram retains that rule but applies it
to the entire line. Still, one letter per word, thus the total of
added (or missing) letters has to be the same, or to vary by plus
or minus one letter, as the number of unused (or leftover)
letters in that line.
*
So, if you would like to test the solutions to the four cryptic
anagrams of quatrain IV-71 above, place each original line on a
Scrabble(R) board, one line at a time, and then take the solution
above and move the letters of the first line to produce the
solution above, making sure that no deciphered word is missing
more than one letter, and counting the number of unused letters.
*
You should be able to compare
*
Post by unknown
Post by Claude Latremouille
--------- Le bien cruel Dutroux espie des Filles -------------
*
Repeat the process for line 2, line 3 and line 4, and you would
have understood how the cryptic anagram works.
*
Claude Latrémouille
February 12, 2012
*