Pluto in the 8th House
Jacki
2004-09-17 14:35:56 UTC
I did some reading about Pluto inthe 8th house last night as I have a
friend who has that placement. I know Pluto is awfully intense, but
the outlook presented to me in this particular book was almost scarey.
Mass murders... the struggle with aggression and sex. This Pluto
placement - 13Virgo20 - has a trine to the Ascendant, but no other
natal aspects. I suppose transits are the thing to watch for... This
person also has Mars 25Scorpio02 and Neptune 14 Scorpio 38 in the 10th
house and Moon 08Scorpio16 and Venus 07Scorpio50 both in the 9th (Sun
and Mercury are also inthe 9th, but in Libra) Uranus in also in the
8th at 08Virgo33. I am just getting to know this person and I am
quite intimidated by that placement in spite of all the Pluto I have
in my own chart. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacki
CFA
2004-09-18 00:10:08 UTC
Post by Jacki
I did some reading about Pluto inthe 8th house last night as I have a
friend who has that placement. I know Pluto is awfully intense, but
the outlook presented to me in this particular book was almost scarey.
Mass murders... the struggle with aggression and sex. This Pluto
placement - 13Virgo20 - has a trine to the Ascendant, but no other
natal aspects. I suppose transits are the thing to watch for... This
person also has Mars 25Scorpio02 and Neptune 14 Scorpio 38 in the 10th
house and Moon 08Scorpio16 and Venus 07Scorpio50 both in the 9th (Sun
and Mercury are also inthe 9th, but in Libra) Uranus in also in the
8th at 08Virgo33. I am just getting to know this person and I am
quite intimidated by that placement in spite of all the Pluto I have
in my own chart. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
My guess is you're roughly equal to this person in broad
terms, which is pretty impressive. I think the transiting
Ur/Pl conjunction is the most powerful transit of the last
century. Couple that with this person's four planets in
Scorpio, and you've got some serious emotional depth.

The work 'power' comes to mind, which probably has a
somewhat more negative connotation. But it isn't. The
question is a (or this) person's motives, not the intensity.
Post by Jacki
Thanks,
Jacki
Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
Christine
2004-09-18 14:11:54 UTC
"CFA" <***@alt.not> schreef in bericht news:***@parody...
[..]
Ken
--
c.f.a a.t a.l.t d.o.t n.e.t
Safe and sound in Florida?

Christine.
CFA
2004-09-18 18:29:41 UTC
Post by Christine
Safe and sound in Florida?
Virginia, actually, and yes, we're safe. Gaston was the
exciting one, with 10-14" of rain in about 6 hours (and a
lot of damage downtown by the river).
Post by Christine
Christine.
Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
Christine
2004-09-19 00:37:43 UTC
Post by CFA
Post by Christine
Safe and sound in Florida?
Virginia, actually, and yes, we're safe. Gaston was the
exciting one, with 10-14" of rain in about 6 hours (and a
lot of damage downtown by the river).
Ken
--
c.f.a a.t a.l.t d.o.t n.e.t
Wrong hurricane area on my part!
Glad all is well.

Christine.
Jacki
2004-09-21 22:10:39 UTC
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your input. I curious though. You mention "My guess is
you're roughly equal to this person in broad terms, which is pretty
impressive." Do you mean as far as emotional intensity? I'm not
certain if that is good or bad, I know I won't date anyone who doesn't
have Pluto prominant in their natal chart - I am Scopio Rising, with
Moon Conj Pluto at the MC in Leo square my Sun in Taurus in the 7th.
Jupiter squares the Moon and Pluto and opposes the Sun. I am a very
emotionally intense person and sometimes I overwhelm myself. Are you
saying that two people with the same emotional intensity put together
is rare? Just curious.

Thanks again.
Christine
2004-09-22 09:31:29 UTC
"Jacki" <***@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:***@posting.google.com...
[..]
Post by Jacki
have Pluto prominant in their natal chart - I am Scopio Rising, with
Moon Conj Pluto at the MC in Leo square my Sun in Taurus in the 7th.
Jupiter squares the Moon and Pluto and opposes the Sun.
Hi Jacki,
Meaning you prefer to stay in an old pattern and live to have only your
emotional needs fulfilled by others rather than become aware of what plain
old-fashioned tangible materialism( good looks, well-endowed, physically
affectionate and liked) can achieve to create a stability and self assurance
in yourself? :-))
Date someone without checking the chart and 'see' him/her as a person rather
than an astrological statistic. You may then find the way to Jupiter
happiness is staring you right in the face :-).

Christine.

I am a very
Thanks again.
Ray Murphy
2004-09-22 11:56:37 UTC
----------
[..]
Post by Jacki
have Pluto prominant in their natal chart - I am Scopio Rising, with
Moon Conj Pluto at the MC in Leo square my Sun in Taurus in the 7th.
Jupiter squares the Moon and Pluto and opposes the Sun.
Hi Jacki,
Meaning you prefer to stay in an old pattern and live to have only your
emotional needs fulfilled by others rather than become aware of what plain
old-fashioned tangible materialism( good looks, well-endowed, physically
affectionate and liked) can achieve to create a stability and self assurance
in yourself? :-))
RM: Jacki couldn't possibly have meant any of that. It's quite
apparent that she is using Tropical astrology in a basic and sensible
way, after having identified a few of her own prominent
characteristics and she is following the logical step of looking for
reasonable compatibility in one particular facet of life.
Post by Jacki
Date someone without checking the chart and 'see' him/her as a person rather
than an astrological statistic. You may then find the way to Jupiter
happiness is staring you right in the face :-).
RM: The same could be said about going on a motoring holiday without a
road map. I'm sure most people would be fascinated by many things
along the way BUT if one really wanted to visit an opal field on their
holiday, then it would pay to use a road map.
Jacki is fortunate because at the moment she knows the type of
qualities she's looking for - so why not proceed in that direction
instead of wandering around like a ship without a rudder?
It may mean that all the 'Plutonian' types she meets are far too
intense, or it may become apparent that astrology provided the perfect
answer.
Post by Jacki
Christine.
Ray
Christine
2004-09-22 23:35:38 UTC
Post by Ray Murphy
----------
[..]
Post by Jacki
[...]
How can *you* possibly decide what someone does and doesn't mean after (s)he
has told you so?
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
Date someone without checking the chart and 'see' him/her as a person rather
than an astrological statistic. You may then find the way to Jupiter
happiness is staring you right in the face :-).
RM: The same could be said about going on a motoring holiday without a
road map. I'm sure most people would be fascinated by many things
along the way BUT if one really wanted to visit an opal field on their
holiday, then it would pay to use a road map.
Jacki is fortunate because at the moment she knows the type of
qualities she's looking for -
Yet you just wrote above that she couldn't possibly have meant that.

Post by Ray Murphy
instead of wandering around like a ship without a rudder?
It may mean that all the 'Plutonian' types she meets are far too
intense, or it may become apparent that astrology provided the perfect
answer.
It must be me because I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to
say.
Hopefully Jacki does.
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
Christine.
Ray
Ray Murphy
2004-09-23 01:05:05 UTC
----------
Post by Christine
Post by Ray Murphy
----------
[..]
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
in yourself? :-))
RM: Jacki couldn't possibly have meant any of that. It's quite
apparent that she is using Tropical astrology in a basic and sensible
way, after having identified a few of her own prominent
characteristics and she is following the logical step of looking for
reasonable compatibility in one particular facet of life.
How can *you* possibly decide what someone does and doesn't mean after (s)he
has told you so?
RM: Hahaha - hey I was not reading a chart which could be interpreted
in various ways. I was reading posts written in plain English where
the intent was repeatedly made obvious.
Post by Christine
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
Date someone without checking the chart and 'see' him/her as a person
rather
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
than an astrological statistic. You may then find the way to Jupiter
happiness is staring you right in the face :-).
RM: The same could be said about going on a motoring holiday without a
road map. I'm sure most people would be fascinated by many things
along the way BUT if one really wanted to visit an opal field on their
holiday, then it would pay to use a road map.
Jacki is fortunate because at the moment she knows the type of
qualities she's looking for -
Yet you just wrote above that she couldn't possibly have meant that.
RM: On the contrary - I said that she meant what she wrote.
Post by Ray Murphy
instead of wandering around like a ship without a rudder?
It may mean that all the 'Plutonian' types she meets are far too
intense, or it may become apparent that astrology provided the perfect
answer.
It must be me because I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to
say.
Hopefully Jacki does.
RM: Hey perhaps we can get six interpretations of what I meant, and
then compare them with what I actually wrote.
Post by Christine
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Jacki
Christine.
Ray
Christine
Ray
Ray Murphy
2004-09-23 18:05:01 UTC
----------
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
RM: Hey perhaps we can get six interpretations of what I meant, and
then compare them with what I actually wrote.
Ray
RM: Unless the above post was sent in error, it constitutes spam
according to the rules of usenet, because all posts need non-time
wasting comment attached to them.

Ray
CFA
2004-09-24 06:01:37 UTC
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
RM: Hey perhaps we can get six interpretations of what I meant, and
then compare them with what I actually wrote.
Ray
RM: Unless the above post was sent in error, it constitutes spam
according to the rules of usenet, because all posts need non-time
wasting comment attached to them.
To quote someone we all know: "ha ha!" ;-)

Did you try to understand her point? Did you understand she
was making a point?
Post by Ray Murphy
Ray
Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
Ray Murphy
2004-09-24 09:24:08 UTC
----------
Post by CFA
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Christine
Yet you just wrote above that she couldn't possibly have meant that.
RM: On the contrary - I said that she meant what she wrote.
*[Cut + pasted text (out of context) post was submitted without any
explanatory comment]
Post by CFA
Post by Ray Murphy
RM: Unless the above post was sent in error, it constitutes spam
according to the rules of usenet, because all posts need non-time
wasting comment attached to them.
[....]
Post by CFA
Did you try to understand her point?
RM: There was no point to try and understand, because not a single
word was written. We only saw cut + pasted (out of context) text,
where one of my replies was wrongly associated with an entirely
different sentence.
Post by CFA
Did you understand she was making a point?
RM: That's inflammatory, so I won't comment on it.

The essential point is (as I said) Jacki couldn't possibly have meant
what Christine was speculating about staying in old patterns; but my
sentence was wrongly converted into my supposedly saying that Jacki
couldn't have possibly meant what she had written.
My observation was subsequently shown to be right -- which was no big
deal anyway, because Jacki wrote everything in standard English and is
using astrology in a standard sensible way.ie: Seeking friendships
with similar personality types.
Post by CFA
Ken
Ray
CFA
2004-09-23 08:23:56 UTC
Post by Ray Murphy
It may mean that all the 'Plutonian' types she meets are far too
intense,
My guess would be she doesn't notice people much w/o the
strong Scorpio or Pluto signatures.
Post by Ray Murphy
or it may become apparent that astrology provided the perfect
answer.
Or just confirmed her experience.

Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
Keera Ann Fox
2004-09-22 11:39:02 UTC
Post by Jacki
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your input. I curious though. You mention "My guess is
you're roughly equal to this person in broad terms, which is pretty
impressive."
I'm thinking he means like attracts like.
--
****** Keera in Norway ******
* Think big. Shrink to fit. *
http://home.online.no/~kafox/
CFA
2004-09-23 08:20:14 UTC
Post by Jacki
Hi Ken,
Thanks for your input. I curious though. You mention "My guess is
you're roughly equal to this person in broad terms, which is pretty
impressive." Do you mean as far as emotional intensity?
Yes.
Post by Jacki
I'm not
certain if that is good or bad, I know I won't date anyone who doesn't
have Pluto prominant in their natal chart - I am Scopio Rising, with
Moon Conj Pluto at the MC in Leo square my Sun in Taurus in the 7th.
It's probably more about common perspective than 'good or
bad'. Intensity/power/whatever isn't bad per se- it's
usually a question of the motive (positive or negative).
Scorpio = TSS (thrill seeker syndrome), which can be fun or
something else, depending on one's intention/s.
Post by Jacki
Jupiter squares the Moon and Pluto and opposes the Sun. I am a very
emotionally intense person and sometimes I overwhelm myself. Are you
saying that two people with the same emotional intensity put together
is rare? Just curious.
Just the opposite. You just don't notice people who aren't
intense.
Post by Jacki
Thanks again.
My pleasure.

Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
2004-09-18 02:40:09 UTC
Post by Jacki
I did some reading about Pluto inthe 8th house last night as I have a
friend who has that placement. I know Pluto is awfully intense, but
the outlook presented to me in this particular book was almost scarey.
Mass murders... the struggle with aggression and sex.
Who wrote that fear-mongering crappola ?

No offense, but the thought of being intimidated because someone has
Pluto in the 8th is a waste of time IMO. Elvis Presley had Pluto in the
8th, and somehow I highly doubt all those women thought he was a mass
murderer ;-)

Michael Rideout
2004-09-18 04:44:19 UTC
Post by Jacki
[...]
I'm with Heather. You have to be cautious when you read some books, because
the authors are sensationalistic in their interpretations. And this goes for
both "good" and "bad" placements and aspects. You can't take such
interpretations at face value, and you can't expect them to be very accurate
for most charts.

Michael Rideout
Neptune
2004-09-22 01:56:13 UTC
Post by Michael Rideout
Post by Jacki
[...]
I don't know Michael but Elvis chart is not a good comparison. His
naPluto isn't quite in 8th house, it's right at the edge, between 8th and
7th. I wouldn't think this will affect the person much because it wasn't
centered near the 8th house.
Ray Murphy
2004-09-22 11:35:57 UTC
----------
Post by H
Post by Michael Rideout
for most charts.
Michael Rideout
I don't know Michael but Elvis chart is not a good comparison. His
naPluto isn't quite in 8th house, it's right at the edge, between 8th and
7th. I wouldn't think this will affect the person much because it wasn't
centered near the 8th house.
RM: It's actually quite pointless to talk about people having planets
in ANY particular house unless one specifies which house system they
are referring to.

Ray
Christine
2004-09-22 23:35:33 UTC
"Ray Murphy" <***@chariot.net.au> schreef in bericht news:***@news.chariot.net.au...
[..]
Post by Ray Murphy
RM: It's actually quite pointless to talk about people having planets
in ANY particular house unless one specifies which house system they
are referring to.
Ray
Take your pick. For a 4.35 a.m. local time birth, all the major house
systems place Pluto well and truly in the 8th house of his chart.

Christine.
Ray Murphy
2004-09-23 01:52:12 UTC
----------
Post by Christine
[..]
Post by Ray Murphy
RM: It's actually quite pointless to talk about people having planets
in ANY particular house unless one specifies which house system they
are referring to.
Ray
Take your pick. For a 4.35 a.m. local time birth, all the major house
systems place Pluto well and truly in the 8th house of his chart.
Christine.
RM: To avoid all confusion, one would still need to state that they
were using a major House system if they preferred not to divulge the
actual system, and then hope that the reader knew which House systems
had been categorised as major, and then include what you've said above
if it was the case in the chart under discussion.

Ray
Jacki
2004-09-23 17:31:44 UTC
I generally use the Placidus house system, but even with the Koch, it
comes out in the 8th.

To clarify more what I meant when I said I wouldn't date anyone who
didn't have Pluto represented in the chart strongly; The roadmap is a
good correlation. Sometimes I go out for a Sunday drive, I see what's
out there. Sometimes I date, I see what's out there. What I have
found is that I best matched with Plutonian types. There is a sort of
deep emotion that can't be described in words that Plutonian types
seem to understand. I have no planets in any air signs, I am
completely intimidated by intellectual types, I tend to stay away from
folks who have alot of Gemini and Aquarius particularly - just from my
own experience. The one person whom I've considered to be a soul
mate, was not a Plutonian type, however his Sun in Leo interacted with
my Moon and Pluto so perhaps that was all that mattered. I don't
know, but I was open. I am an intense person, I need to be with
people who can deal with the intensity of emotions that I experience.
I am responsible for my own self and certainly don't need anyone to
take care of me, but I do want a partner to be able to be okay with
who I am and be able to live with this type of intensity.

Thanks for the discussion.

Jacki
----------
Ray
Lisa Eclipse Astrology
2004-09-23 19:31:05 UTC
Post by Jacki
[...]
Hi Jacki! Haven't gotten involved here, but this appears to be
well-said to me! Learning from experience is good, and it doesn't mean
that they are good or evil, just that they are not for you and can go
elsewhere - I think that takes confidence and I like it! :-) Lisa
Ray Murphy
2004-09-23 19:57:20 UTC
----------
Post by Jacki
[...]
RM: It will pay to get a handle on many of the different ways that a
'Plutonian personality' can be identified in a chart. This could
include:
* Stellium in the 8th
* Stellium in Scorpio
* Certain midpoints
* A bunch of ordinary factors pointing in that direction.

Ray
Ray Murphy
2004-09-22 11:30:43 UTC
----------
Post by Jacki
I did some reading about Pluto inthe 8th house last night as I have a
friend who has that placement. I know Pluto is awfully intense, but
the outlook presented to me in this particular book was almost scarey.
Mass murders... the struggle with aggression and sex.
RM: 1 in 12 people have Pluto in the 8th House - no matter which
House system is being used, and so far we have not been able to find
anything different in the lives of those 1 in 12 when we analyse their
personalities and histories, so we're not looking at anything
outstanding here.

[....]
Post by Jacki
Thanks,
Jacki
Ray
Michael Rideout
2004-09-25 20:10:08 UTC
This post is from Christine <***@planet.nl>:
Post by Ray Murphy
----------
Post by CFA
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by CFA
Did you try to understand her point?
RM: There was no point to try and understand, because not a single
word was written. We only saw cut + pasted (out of context) text,
where one of my replies was wrongly associated with an entirely
different sentence.
Ray, I don't know if the rest of the AAM world sees the same messages on
their screens as I do on mine but I'm prepared to think so. Consequently the
rest of the AAM world can see, as can I, that I did not alter a post as per
your description *[Cut + pasted text (out of context). What I did do was
'delete' text to make easier reading of (and that can always be read by
going back to original post), and to leave your remaining sentances that
appeared to show a contradiction to each other.
Reading below you have made it clear to which the "ANY OF THAT" referred,
that I misinterpreted.
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by CFA
Did you understand she was making a point?
RM: That's inflammatory, so I won't comment on it.
Coming from Ken????
Post by Ray Murphy
The essential point is (as I said) Jacki couldn't possibly have meant
what Christine was speculating about staying in old patterns; but my
sentence was wrongly converted into my supposedly saying that Jacki
couldn't have possibly meant what she had written.
My observation was subsequently shown to be right --which was no big
deal anyway, because Jacki wrote everything in standard English and is
using astrology in a standard sensible way.ie: Seeking friendships
with similar personality types.
Point made.

Christine.
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by CFA
Ken
Ray
Michael Rideout
2004-09-25 20:10:12 UTC
This post is from CFA <***@alt.not>:
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by CFA
Did you try to understand her point?
RM: There was no point to try and understand, because not a single
Christine doesn't impress me as someone who would post w/o a point.
Post by Ray Murphy
word was written. We only saw cut + pasted (out of context) text,
where one of my replies was wrongly associated with an entirely
different sentence.
Ah. So she did have a point, though you seem to have rejected its
meaning.
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by CFA
Did you understand she was making a point?
RM: That's inflammatory,
No worse than calling her post spam.
Post by Ray Murphy
so I won't comment on it.
The essential point is (as I said) Jacki couldn't possibly have meant
what Christine was speculating about staying in old patterns;
The way I read it, Christine was offering one possible interpretation
of Jacki's t-square.
Post by Ray Murphy
but my
sentence was wrongly converted into my supposedly saying that Jacki
couldn't have possibly meant what she had written.
My observation was subsequently shown to be right --
Which doesn't necessarily mean Christine's was wrong.
Post by Ray Murphy
which was no big
deal anyway, because Jacki wrote everything in standard English and is
using astrology in a standard sensible way.
According to whose value system?

Ken
c•f•a•a•t•a•l•t•d•o•t•n•e•t
Ray Murphy
2004-10-01 04:33:31 UTC
----------
Post by Michael Rideout
[Controversial stuff snipped]

[Topic - seeking partner with strong Pluto in chart]

Post by Michael Rideout
Post by Ray Murphy
using astrology in a standard sensible way.
According to whose value system?
RM: It's actually an extremely common practise to look for similar characteristics in any association and not even connected with value systems. It's basically inate in all humans.
Post by Michael Rideout
Ken
Ray
CFA
2004-10-01 09:00:26 UTC
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Michael Rideout
Post by Ray Murphy
Jacki wrote everything in standard English and is
using astrology in a standard sensible way.
According to whose value system?
RM: It's actually an extremely common practise to look
for similar characteristics in any association and not even
connected with value systems. It's basically inate in all humans.
'to look for similar characteristics' is only about value
systems, by definition. Regardless, you didn't answer my
question of your statement 'using astrology in a standard
sensible way'.

Ken
c•f•a a•t a•l•t d•o•t n•e•t
Ray Murphy
2004-10-01 16:50:32 UTC
----------
Post by CFA
Post by Ray Murphy
Post by Michael Rideout
Post by Ray Murphy
Jacki wrote everything in standard English and is
using astrology in a standard sensible way.
According to whose value system?
RM: It's actually an extremely common practise to look
for similar characteristics in any association and not even
connected with value systems. It's basically inate in all humans.
'to look for similar characteristics' is only about value
systems, by definition. Regardless, you didn't answer my
question of your statement 'using astrology in a standard
sensible way'.
Ken
RM: Standard sensible way = Searching for similar factors in another's
chart.

Ray
Joey
2004-10-11 21:35:55 UTC
My son who is 17 yrs old has Pluto in Scorpio 8th, square to Moon AQ
12th. He is very gentle but a few times I have seen him react to
dangerous situations like a warrior with no fear, no hesitation.
Ray Murphy
2004-10-12 01:48:13 UTC
----------
Post by Joey
My son who is 17 yrs old has Pluto in Scorpio 8th, square to Moon AQ
12th. He is very gentle but a few times I have seen him react to
dangerous situations like a warrior with no fear, no hesitation.
RM: I'd be looking a bit further than this to explain bravery,
although Moon in Aquarius square Pluto would certainly help for two
reasons:
(1) Moon square Pluto has enough emotional involvement in some things
to act - even where the risk is slightly excessive.
(2) Moon in Aquarius would feel some obligation if it was a public
safety issue.
(3) Moon square Pluto has a fair amount of tactical-sense if the
challenge is one of mind games.

Bravery is taking action while being scared, and pretending you are
not.

Ray